How to easily convert 3GP to MP4 on Mac/Windows?
3GP is a container format for audio and video streams. This multimedia container format is designed for, and primarily used with multimedia-capable mobile phones. Many mobile phones record and play video using this format. When a phone captures a video clip, that clip is automatically saved to a format with .3GP extension. However, not all portable devices can read 3GP video files. If you want to transfer a 3GP file to a device that can't read the file extension, like iPod, iPhone, iPad, Zune, PSP, you can first convert 3GP to MP4.
To convert 3GP to MP4 format, you will need a program. Video Converter is the best 3GP to MP4 converter which lets you convert videos with fast speed and high output quality. Here we included the step by step guide on how to convert 3GP to MP4 on Windows using Video Converter. If you are running Mac OS, you can convert 3GP to MP4 on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion included.) efficiently by using Video Converter for Mac.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert 3GP to MP4 on Mac/Windows
Download and install Video Converter
Download this professional 3GP to MP4 converter and install it on your Mac/Windows computer.
Import 3GP to the Program
Drag your 3GP files and drop them to the panel. Or, you can click on Add button to import your 3GP files. With its batch conversion capability, you can add multiple files at one time.
Select MP4 as the Output Format
To convert 3GP to MP4, go to Profile-> Common Video-> MP4. Or, you can simply choose your portable devices as the output format from the drop-down list. For example, you want to play 3GP on your iPhone, go to Profile-> Apple-> iPhone. And so forth.
Convert 3GP to MP4
Feel ready? Click on Start button to get started the 3GP to MP4 conversion.
You will be alerted by the program when the conversion is done, click on Find Target button to get the converted MP4 video files and you can upload the videos to your iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP and other MP4 players. Have fun.
1. If you want to edit FLV videos before converting, click the button like a scissors and a new window will pop up where you do some editing to your videos. Here you can do a few things: clip, crop, adjust effects, add watermarks, etc.
2. If you want to combine several files into one single file, click in the box before “Merge into One file” and you will get one file when the conversion is done.
3. To convert 3GP to MP4 on Mac OS X, please check our Video Converter for Mac which lets you do the coercion task with amazing speed and lossless quality. Simple and fast. Just like how to do on Windows platform: Import, choose output and convert.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-04-17 15:11:12/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator
- • DVD Ripper
- • DVD Copy
- • ConvertXtoDVD
- • PhotoDVD
- • Blu-ray Creator
- • Blu-ray Converter Ultimate
- • Video Converter
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • HD Video Converter
- • Video Editor
- • Easy Video Converter
- • Video Suite
- • 3D Video Converter
- • YouTube Downloader