How to easily convert FLV to MP4 on Mac/Windows?
"How to convert videos from FLV to MP4? If you downloaded videos from the Internet, most likely they are in .FLV format. FLV file format can’t be understood by portable media players such as iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP and Zune. What program is good to be used to convert FLV to MP4?"
FLV (Flash video) is a streaming video format used by YouTube, Google and many other online videos. Flash videos can be downloaded from the Internet and can then be converted into other video formats. If you want to watch the FLV videos on iPhone and PSP on the road, you may convert FLV to MP4 (MPEG-4) which is compatible with most players. This tutorial shows you the step-by-step guide on converting FLV videos to MP4 files using Video Converter on Windows. If you are running Mac OS, you can convert FLV to MP4 on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion included.) efficiently by using Mac Video Converter.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert FLV to MP4 on Mac/Windows
Download and install Video Converter
Download this professional FLV to MP4 converter and install it on your Mac/Windows computer.
Import FLV Videos to the Program
Click “File” on the menu bar or “+” button under the menu to select FLV files from the new window and add them to the program. Alternatively, drag your FLV files and drop them to the panel. With its batch conversion capability, you can add multiple files at one time.
Select Output Format
To convert FLV to MP4, click on “Profile”, hit on “Common Video” and select MP4. Or, you can simply specify your portable devices as the output format. For example, you want to play FLV on your iPhone, go to Profile-> Apple-> iPhone.
Convert FLV to MP4
Now you may hit on Start button to get started converting FLV to MPEG-4.
The task should be completed in a few minutes, click on Find Target button to get the converted MP4 video files and you can enjoy the files on you iPod, iPhone, PSP, etc. Have fun.
1. If you want to edit FLV videos before converting, click the button like a scissors and a new window will pop up where you do some editing to your videos. Here you can do a few things: clip, crop, adjust effects, add watermarks, etc.
2. If you want to combine several files into one single file, click in the box before “Merge into One file” and you will get one file when the conversion is done.
3. To convert FLV to MP4 on Mac OS X, please check our Video Converter for Mac which lets you do the coercion task with amazing speed and lossless quality in just three steps: Add videos, select output format and convert FLV to MP4 on Mac.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-04-11 10:21:16/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator
- • DVD Ripper
- • DVD Copy
- • ConvertXtoDVD
- • PhotoDVD
- • Blu-ray Creator
- • Blu-ray Converter Ultimate
- • Video Converter
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • HD Video Converter
- • Video Editor
- • Easy Video Converter
- • Video Suite
- • 3D Video Converter
- • YouTube Downloader