How to easily convert MOV to MP4 on Mac/Windows?
MOV is Apple QuickTime Movie file format which can be opened using QuickTime and iTunes. Hardware like iPhone and Kodak cameras shoot videos in .MOV format. However, if you want to watch the MOV files on your portable players such as MP4 players, or you want to share QuickTime MOV files with your friend who isn’t running Mac OS, you may need to convert MOV to MP4 (also known as MPEG-4) – a file format with high compatibilities and good quality.
There are a variety of video programs which can convert MOV to MP4. Among them, Video Converter for Mac is the best and most easy-to-use QuickTime MOV to MP4 converter which can be used to convert all types of video files between various formats. This article aims at the step by step guide on converting MOV to MP4 on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion included). (Note: If you are trying to convert MOV to MP4 on Windows, please use Video Converter to do it. The steps are basically the same on both Mac and Windows platforms. So follow the guide to learn how.)
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac/Windows
Download and install Video Converter for Mac
Download this professional MOV to MP4 converter and install it on your Mac/Windows computer.
Import Video Files to the Program
Click on File button and add QuickTime MOV videos to the program. Alternatively, you can simply drag MOV video files to the MOV to MP4 converter. With batch conversion supported, you can add as many as you want.
Select Output Format
Select the right output file format from the Format drop-down list. Video Converter for Mac lets you convert videos to all popular multimedia devices, including iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Mobile Phone, and Apple Software, etc. To convert MOV to MP4, select MP4 as the format.
Convert MOV to MP4
Click on Start button to get started the MOV to MP4 conversion. Video Converter for Mac will get into the task right away.
Once the conversion is finished, click on Find Target button to get the converted MP4 video files and you can do anything you want with the files.
1. If you want to edit videos before converting, click the button like a scissors and a new window will pop up where you do some editing to your videos. Here you can do a few things: clip, crop, adjust effects, add watermarks, etc.
2. If you want to combine several files into one single file, click in the box before “Merge into One file” and you will get one file when the conversion is done.
3. To convert MOV to MP4 on Windows, please check our Video Converter which lets you do the coercion task with amazing speed and lossless quality. Just remember the simple steps: Add, select output format and convert. Check it out.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-04-04 16:11:56/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator for Mac
- • DVD Ripper for Mac
- • iMedia Converter for Mac
- • DVD Copy for Mac
- • Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- • Media Library for Mac
- • Video Converter for Mac
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • Video Editor for Mac
- • HD Video Converter for Mac
- • AllMyTube for Mac
- • DVD to iPad Converter Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Converter
- • DVD to iPod Converter Mac
- • iPad Video Converter Mac
- • iPhone Video Converter Mac
- • iPod Video Converter for Mac
- • iPad Converter Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPod Suite for Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPad Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPhone Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPod Ripper Mac