How to easily convert VOB to MP4 on Mac/Windows?
VOBs, or Video Object files, are DVD movie files encoded with MPEG video data. If you have some VOB files saved on your computer, most likely they are copied/extracted from a DVD disc. VOB stands for DVD Video Object and is the core file of a DVD containing the actual movie data, an MPEG movie stream and the supported audio.
If you want to use the VOB files on other programs and devices, you will need to convert VOB to MP4 or other video formats which have better compatibility. To do this, you will need a program that reads VOB files. Video Converter is a professional VOB to MP4 converter which is able to fulfill the VOB to MP4 (MPEG-4) conversion easily and effectively. Here we are going to have a look at converting VOB to MP4 on Windows. (Note: If you are running Mac OS, you can convert VOB to MP4 on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion included.) efficiently by using Mac Video Converter.)
Step-by-step Guide to Convert VOB to MP4 on Mac/Windows
Download and install Video Converter
Download this professional VOB to MP4 converter and install it on your Mac/Windows computer.
Import Video Files to the Program
Simply click on “Add Video” button and select and add your VOB files from the new window. Alternatively, drag your VOB files and drop them to the panel.
Select Output Format as MP4
By using Video Converter, you can convert VOB to any format you want. To convert VOB to MP4, click on “Profile”, hit on “Common Video” and select MP4. Or, you may select your portable devices as the output format. E.g., to play VOB on your iPhone, go to Profile-> Apple-> iPhone.
Convert VOB to MP4
Finished all settings, click on Start button to get started the VOB to MP4 conversion. While the converter is doing the job, you are free to do anything.
Once the conversion is finished, you will be notified by the tool. Then click on Find Target button to get the converted MP4 video files and you can watch VOB files on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, HTC, Blackberry, etc. Have fun.
1. You can choose to edit videos before converting: clip, crop, adjust effects, add watermarks, etc.
2. To convert VOB to MP4 on Mac OS X, please check our Video Converter for Mac which lets you do the coercion task with amazing speed and lossless quality.
3. To play the VOB files, you need to have a DVD player that supports VOB format. However, if you have the Windows Media Player (version 12 or higher) or VLC Media Player, it is good enough to play the file. Note that you will see a prompt telling you that it is an unsupported format, don’t worry about it and just play it anyways. It will play just fine.
4. If you want to convert DVD to MP4, you may check out our DVD Ripper which is able to rip DVD disc, DVD Folder (Video_TS) to MP4 and many other formats.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-03-22 15:57:10/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator
- • DVD Ripper
- • DVD Copy
- • ConvertXtoDVD
- • PhotoDVD
- • Blu-ray Creator
- • Blu-ray Converter Ultimate
- • Video Converter
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • HD Video Converter
- • Video Editor
- • Easy Video Converter
- • Video Suite
- • 3D Video Converter
- • YouTube Downloader