How to Play and Convert dvdmedia file on OS X?
What is .dvdmedia file?
.dvdmedia extension only exists on Mac OS. Actually it is a VIDEO_TS folder with the .dvdmedia extension. On Windows, files with this extension display just as a folder. The Mac DVD player can play a .dvdmedia file directly.
How to play .dvdmedia file on Mac?
Just double click the .dvdmedia file and it starts playing in DVD Player. If you unbundle the .dvdmedia package, you have to drag the VIDEO_TS folder to Apple DVD Player to play the movie. You can't just double-click the VIDEO_TS folder inside dvdmedia bundle, because that would only show the contents of the folder in the Finder.
How to convert .dvdmedia files for iPad, iPod, iPhone and more?
To convert dvdmedia file to any file format you want, you may use DVD Ripper for Mac. It is a professional .dvdmedia Converter which helps you convert the files to any popular format like MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV or simply for iPad, iPod, iPhone, iMovie, iDVD, YouTube and more.
Load DVD Source
Insert the DVD disc into your drive and open this .dvdmedia Converter. Add you .dvdmedia files to the program by clicking on Load DVD button.
Select Output Formats
Click a small icon (showing the original format) and choose whatever format from the format drop-down list. You can also select your portable devices as the output.
Start to Convert .dvdmedia Files
When all settings are done, click the "Start" button to start conversion. And this dvdmedia converter will take everything from here.
When the process is finished, DVD Ripper for Mac will pop up a message alerting you of the success. This DVD Ripper for Mac is specifically designed for Mac OS users, including Mac OS Lion on iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, etc. It also supports commercial encrypted DVD Ripping.
1. How to change a .dvdmedia file to a VIDEO_TS folder?
- Right-click the .dvdmedia file > Click Get Info.
- Remove the suffix .dvdmedia in the Name & Extension field, and then click Return.
- Click Confirm in the pop-up window. And the .dvdmedia file becomes a VIDEO_TS folder.
Then you can launch the program, and use the Load DVD feature to load the folder.
2. How to change the folder back to .dvdmedia?
- Right-click the VIDEO_TS folder > Get Info.
- Add the suffix .dvdmedia in the Name & Extension field, and then click Return.
- Click Confirm in the pop-up window. And the VIDEO_TS folder becomes back to .dvdmedia file.
If you choose to burn a disc, type text in the DVD Name box to rename the DVD. If you have multiple Hard Drives, select the one you want to use in the drop-down list of Burn Disc in.
If you choose DVD Folder, .dvdmedia, or ISO File, type text in the Save as box to rename the DVD file. Then click Choose to choose the folder location to save your DVD file.
Click Save to save the settings. Then the program will start burning the DVD.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-07-14 10:11:40/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator for Mac
- • DVD Ripper for Mac
- • iMedia Converter for Mac
- • DVD Copy for Mac
- • Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- • Media Library for Mac
- • Video Converter for Mac
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • Video Editor for Mac
- • HD Video Converter for Mac
- • AllMyTube for Mac
- • DVD to iPad Converter Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Converter
- • DVD to iPod Converter Mac
- • iPad Video Converter Mac
- • iPhone Video Converter Mac
- • iPod Video Converter for Mac
- • iPad Converter Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPod Suite for Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPad Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPhone Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPod Ripper Mac