How to import and convert DVD to iTunes on Mac/Windows?
How to transfer/upload/import/convert DVD to iTunes? If you have DVD collections and you must be eager to import and convert DVD to iTunes so that you can transfer your favorite DVD movies to your iPad, iPod, iPhone and other devices. As you may found that we can easily put a CD onto iTunes but how about DVD? iTunes doesn't play or import DVD movies like importing CDs.
To get your movies/videos/TV shows on a DVD to iTunes on Mac/Windows, you will need a third party application to rip & convert DVD movies to iTunes friendly format. Once you’ve imported DVD movies to iTunes, you can sync with your portable devices as you like. What we use is DVD Ripper for Mac which is capable of converting both commercial DVDs (encrypted) and common DVDs to iTunes formats on Mac, e.g. MP4, MOV and M4V. In this step-by-step tutorial, we describes the DVD to iTunes conversion on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard, Lion included), you may use DVD Ripper for Windows.
Step-by-step Guide to Rip & Convert DVD to iTunes on Mac
Open Mac DVD to iTunes Converter and Load DVDs
Download DVD Ripper for Mac accordingly, install and open it. Click on Load DVD button to add DVDs to the program. You may also drag & drop DVD disc icon on the desktop to the Mac DVD to iTunes software.
Select Output Formats
To encode DVD to iTunes, you need to select the right format that is compatible with iTunes, like MP4, MOV, and M4V. You can also select your portable devices as the output.
Change Video and Audio Settings (Optional)
Select media information by clicking the hovering button to customize the output file settings as you like. It can promote the video effect while you rip DVD to iTunes on Mac.
Start to Convert DVD on Mac
When all settings are done, click the "Start" button to start conversion. And DVD to iTunes Converter for Mac will take everything from here.
When the conversion is done, you may now sync the converted videos to your Apple devices like iPad/iPod/iPhone, etc. Or, you can simply enjoy the DVD movies on iTunes on your MacBook, iMac, etc. Have fun.
1. If you want to combine several DVD chapters into one file, on the main interface, there is a check box "Merge into one file”, select it, and you will only get one output file instead of several files by chapters.
2. After you load the DVD file you may want to do some editing. Click "Edit" or "Clip" button to customize your DVD movies!
Crop: Enables you to customize the frame size (16:9, 4:3 etc) and cut off black margins of the videos
Effect: You can use this function to set the brightness, contrast, saturation, apply different movie styles like
Watermark: Add image or textual watermark to the video
Clip: Allows you to trim unwanted parts of the video
3. It’s absolutely easy to copy DVD to iTunes on Windows. DVD Ripper for Windows is the most reliable DVD to iTunes converter which is able to rip & convert DVD to iTunes on Windows easily. The steps are as easy as 1-2-3: Import DVD movies, select output format and convert. That’s it.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-06-23 08:45:12/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator for Mac
- • DVD Ripper for Mac
- • iMedia Converter for Mac
- • DVD Copy for Mac
- • Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- • Media Library for Mac
- • Video Converter for Mac
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • Video Editor for Mac
- • HD Video Converter for Mac
- • AllMyTube for Mac
- • DVD to iPad Converter Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Converter
- • DVD to iPod Converter Mac
- • iPad Video Converter Mac
- • iPhone Video Converter Mac
- • iPod Video Converter for Mac
- • iPad Converter Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPod Suite for Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPad Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPhone Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPod Ripper Mac