How to convert and import DVD to iMovie effectively?
How to import DVD into iMovie for editing? So I have a DVD of my party which plays back on iDVD perfectly. However, I want the footage to go onto iMovie so that I can edit it to make a YouTube video. When I drag the DVD footage into iMovie, it says not compatible with iMovie. How can I convert and import DVD movies to iMovie? Thanks.
DVD movies contain VOB files which are very compressed. These types of videos can’t be edited by any editor directly. They have to be converted to a format that iMovie accepts. In this case, you need to rip the DVD with DVD Ripper for Mac. iMovie understands MOV or MP4, so you may rip and convert DVD to one of these formats. Then the rip is done, you can launch iMovie and drag the converted/ripped files to iMovie for editing to whatever you want. By following the step-by-step guide below you will learn how to exactly convert and import DVD into iMovie.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert & Import DVD into iMovie on Mac
Load DVD into DVD Ripper
Download DVD Ripper for Mac which serves as the best and most easy-to-use DVD to iMovie converter. Install and launch it, click on “Load DVD” button and add your DVD movies to the program directly. Make sure you have inserted your DVD disc into the burner.
Select Output Formats
Being talked above that iMovie accepts MOV or MP4, you may select them as the output file format. What makes this Mac DVD Ripper better is that you can select iMovie directly from the output list and it will rip DVD to iMovie compatible formats automatically.
Start to Convert DVD to iMovie
When all settings are completed, click on the "Start" button to start converting DVD movies to your target format. And DVD to iMovie Converter for Mac will take everything from here.
Now you wait for the process to be finished. Once done, find the converted/ripped DVD movies files and launch iMovie to import them to it for editing. DVD Ripper for Mac supports ripping and converting both commercial and non-protected DVDs to iMovie, iMovie '11, iMovie '09, iMovie '08 and iMovie HD. Have fun.
1. If you want to combine several DVD chapters into one file, on the main interface, there is a check box "Merge into one file”, select it, and you will only get one output file instead of several files by chapters.
2. After you load the DVD file you may want to do some editing. Click "Edit" or "Clip" button to personalize your DVD movies! Here you can crop videos, add effect and watermark, etc.
About the Author | Ashley Sanders
Ashley is the senior editor of Macmov. She specializes in DVD burning/ripping, video converting, DRM removing.
2012-06-12 12:21:10/ Posted by Ashley Sanders.
- • DVD Creator for Mac
- • DVD Ripper for Mac
- • iMedia Converter for Mac
- • DVD Copy for Mac
- • Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- • Media Library for Mac
- • Video Converter for Mac
- • Video Converter Ultimate
- • Total Media Converter
- • Video Editor for Mac
- • HD Video Converter for Mac
- • AllMyTube for Mac
- • DVD to iPad Converter Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Converter
- • DVD to iPod Converter Mac
- • iPad Video Converter Mac
- • iPhone Video Converter Mac
- • iPod Video Converter for Mac
- • iPad Converter Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPhone Suite for Mac
- • DVD to iPod Suite for Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPad Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPhone Ripper Mac
- • Blu-ray to iPod Ripper Mac